Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Book Review - Sunday Morning Quilts

I thought I might do some book reviews of books that I like, own and use, I really only have craft, quilting or sewing books but that's mostly what this blog is about anyway. First book off my shelf is Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean (her blog Crazy Mom Quilts is here) and Cheryl Arkinson.
A reallly good read for the beginner quilter, I bought it as I love reading Amanda's blog. The book is full of lovely simply pieced quilts that may suit someone new to quilting, patterns are for various sizes but mostly lap or single bed size. There are some good tips for putting a quilt together from beginning to end and suggestions for how to free motion quilt. There's a big section on scrap quilting but I have found most newbie quilters don't have a variety of scraps but there are heaps of scrap or charm swaps around or you could buy charm squares or a fat 8th bundle.
I am yet to sew anything from this book but I have plans to make her Up Up and Away quilt, thinking of doing in red and blue tones. I bought my copy from Spotlight for $21.95 but it is on sale at Fishpond for $18.97 with free post, if you click on the link below and purchase any books I recieve a 5% comission so I can use the savings to buy more books to review or offer as a giveaway, win win.
Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabrics

No comments: