Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Here is my quilt entry for the 2012 Bloggers Quilt Festival. Not an overly exciting or modern quilt, but I think it is quite pretty, I love the pattern and will definitely make again. I pieced the top a few years ago and when recently asked for a raffle prize donation for Cate's dance club I pulled it out and quilted it up.
Its a generous size king single, I purchased the fabric and pattern as a kit and there was a generous amount of fabric so I used it all, hence about 15 extra blocks! The backing was from my stash, a light rust tone with cream swirls, suits it perfectly. 
Quilted in the ditch and either sides, has a cross hatching look to it. I went with a watermelon pink thread to show up the quilting.

Tickets are only $1 each and my quilt is third prize, fingers crossed the winner likes it or gifts to someone who will. I sewed one of my little business labels on the side and have wrapped in cellophane and handed it over to the fundraising committee. 
If you have stopped by from the quilt festival then I hope you enjoyed your visit, thanks for looking. If you haven't checked out the quilt festival yet, then chop chop! Such amazing, inspirational quilts, click on the button to go see.
Amy's Creative Side

13 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I think this quilt is beautiful. It had to be hard to let go! Wish I could win it!

Simply Sandy said...

I love this quilt. I think this is the perfect pattern for any quilt; I have made similiar quilts. You are right about the backing, it really goes well with the rest of the fabric. I bet you hated to give it up. I can't believe it isn't the first place prize!

Alison V. said...

Such a beautiful quilt!

Dolly said...

That's a pretty quilt, hon. I just can't get enough of these 'squares' quilts. They make me happy !

CitricSugar said...

Really lovely!

serendipity said...

Very pretty quilt. Someone is going to be very happy!

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

This is such a great prize! I love it because it is nice and bright and cheerful.

trish said...

Your quilt is just beautiful!! :o)

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What a sweet quilt! I hope the raffle goes well!

Emma said...

Beautiful quilt :)

Shay said...

So many different fabrics and colours! It looks amazing. Whoever wins it is going to be one lucky person!

sonia said...

Beautiful quilt, simple yet charming. Congrats!

Ellie Roberts said...

Just beautiful, I love the colors!