Monday, October 12, 2009

Post 12 ~ Happy Birthday table runner

I made this bright table runner to celebrate all the birthdays in our house over the next few weeks, I was supposed to be finished for Stuart's 9th Birthday in September but I ran out of time. Cate's birthday is next, November 4th.Nice and bright using my "Citruz Yarn Dyed Plaid" Jan Mullen fabric, not much of this left in my stash. I traced the letters onto vlisofix and secured with raw edge / free motion applique. I am not very good, hence I have justified my trip to South Australia to master the art with Kellie!I tried out some stipple quilted pebbles for the border which looks great on the backing, a bright orange spot. Measuring 16" x 43" it's perfect for our table.

9 comments:

Bec Clarke said...

That looks fantastic, did you freehand the letters cause they are great.
Good Job

AJ said...

Looks great Adds!

Love the font!

Helen said...

very noice. your neice would love it.

Lily Mulholland said...

It looks fab! Bet you'll love your Kellie workshop too. I am in awe of your letters. I would have had to do them over, as I would have forgotten to reverse them first!

NiCoLe said...

I love your runner! I think the the threads coming off the letters add to the charm. Imperfection is way better than perfection anyway.

red in oz said...

Love it, but yeah, you definately need to do that workshop with Kellie!!!

She is great fun, you ladies are going to have a great day!

And the applique looks just fine...

Rochelle said...

Love the inspriation on your blog. I am now a follower.

Becky said...

This looks wonderful! Imagine how good you will be after the lesson :)

Sally said...

That is 100% wonderful.