Friday, May 6, 2011

Oliver's orange quilt finished.

I can't beleive I finished this quilt top all the way back in July 2010. I sandwiched it in September then put aside and only just got myself motivated to quilt the darn thing!!Single bed size, it's been quilted across the width quarter inch apart lines, took forever, mostly quilted over the Easter long weekend and then a few more nights midweek. I used one and a half spools of orange, 13 bobbins went into the quilting alone.
Oh well, he loves it as do I, some of my fave prints are in this quilt. Will I quilt another one like this? Not on your nelly, mind you the quilting does look fantastic so never say never!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Well done, Adds! It's come up really well; you should be proud! I do think you could have shared at least one detail photo of the quilting, tough! Now you can move it from your WIP list at last!

Cass said...

Well done Adds it looks great. Love the new blog header too

Helen said...

"Not on your nelly"??? and "the darn thing"???? You sound like an old lady Ad! The quilt looks great, want to do mine??!

Sally said...

I love this! All of the different oranges are awesome!

Lily Mulholland said...

Gorgeous! Yeah, what about a close-up of that quilting? I am so loving monochromatic quilts - not sure I would have thought of orange, but it looks HOT!

becanne said...

Goes well with the green and black one!
I'm chasing a close-up shot too. THIRTEEN bobbins!!! Bet it will be while before you sew anything orange again!