Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Library Bags

Stuart picked out some Yoda Star Wars fabric a few months ago when I coerced him to come to Textile Traders with me. Textile Traders is next to Harvey Norman and he likes to go there to play the demo PS3 games so I think that's how I got him to come shopping with me. From memory the demo controller was not working so to keep the peace I let him buy a metre of this fabric. He couldn't decide what he wanted me to make with it, he was thinking pillowcase or a cushion but it was put aside and not thought of. Untill today. The kids bought home a note from school advising that no matter how old they think they are, no child is allowed to borrow a library book without a library bag.
So 2 new library bags have been made, one staring Yoda, the other a blue monkey swimming print. So simple, each bag is just 2 same sized rectangles (aprox .5m fabric used) and sewn together with a drawstring top, each bag took about 15 minutes. Here they are ninja kicking each other. Delightful.
Monday is library day, lets see what they bring home this week to read.

3 comments:

AJ said...

Nice Ads!
I made Aden one yesterday too!

Leah said...

Ads, do they still have that Yoda fabric? I'd be delighted to buy 2 metres through you...

Anonymous said...

My g-son is despate to have twin size comforter for his bed. WHERE can I get six yards?????

Thanks