Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Amanda Jeans One Day Quilt Along

Amanda Jean aka Crazy Mom Quilts is hosting a 9 patch Quilt Along. I am making 3 of these for teachers gifts this Christmas, starting now to beat the rush / mad panic! I like how I can just make a few blocks at a time and then put aside and continue with something else. One in Amy Butler Midwest Modern pinks for Cate's Dance teacher. I have cut out 700 squares per quilt, this makes 70 blocks and allows extra squares for the borders.
Still need to decide on colour selection for Stuart's Year 3 Teacher.
And Cate's teacher is male, so his quilt will be in black and whites with a music print and maybe some red. I need to stock up on more black and whites, hopefully I can get some at the craft fair next week. Or does anyone want to do a swap? Blocks needed are 2.5" square.

2 comments:

Emma said...

There would be close to 200 squares from the b&w&rs I'm sending. I love the pinks and greens, too,

AJ said...

B&W heading over from my place too!! not that many though!! Emma your a champ!