Sunday, January 4, 2009

Flying Geese

HOT HOT HOT, 4 day heat wave here, sadly it's back to work for me tomorrow. Too hot to take the kids to the beach or pool, so were spending another day home under the aircon untill the sea breeze kicks in. First quilt for the new year, I have been tracing out flying gueese foundation pieces for Oliver's new quilt.
I saw this pattern by Fig Tree Quilts on the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting and thought it would be the perfect quilt for the nautical Hampton Jelly Roll I have.Using flying gueese foundation prints from Quilters Cashe, I resized the template to make the most of my 2.5" wide fabric. The plan is to use white prints as the centre, and sew alternate rows of red or blue. 30 triangles down, another 150 to trace out onto tear away paper, I have tracked down another Jelly Roll from QLD, best get back to it!!

2 comments:

Cylie said...

That will look fantastic. Can't wait to see it finished.

AJ said...

Cool Adds...very cool...!!